Monday, September 10, 2018

Yom Taruah / Rosh Hashanah 2

Leviticus 23:23-25
YHWH spoke to Moses: “Tell the Israelites: In the seventh month, on the first day of the month, you are to have a day of complete rest, commemoration, and trumpet blasts—a sacred assembly. You must not do any daily work, but you must present a fire offering to YHWH.”

Numbers 29:1
“You are to hold a sacred assembly in the seventh month, on the first day of the month, and you are not to do any daily work. This will be a day of trumpet blasts for you.

Isaiah 55:1-56:8
“Come, everyone who is thirsty, come to the water; and you without silver, come, buy, and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without silver and without cost! Why do you spend silver on what is not food, and your wages on what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, and you will enjoy the choicest of foods. Pay attention and come to Me; listen, so that you will live. I will make a permanent covenant with you on the basis of the faithful kindnesses of David. Since I have made him a witness to the peoples, a leader and commander for the peoples, so you will summon a nation you do not know, and nations who do not know you will run to you. For YHWH your God, even the Holy One of Israel, has glorified you.”

Seek YHWH while He may be found; call to Him while He is near. Let the wicked one abandon his way and the sinful one his thoughts; let him return to YHWH, so He may have compassion on him, and to our God, for He will freely forgive.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, and your ways are not My ways.” This is YHWH’s declaration. “For as heaven is higher than earth, so My ways are higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts. For just as rain and snow fall from heaven and do not return there without saturating the earth and making it germinate and sprout, and providing seed to sow and food to eat, so My word that comes from My mouth will not return to Me empty, but it will accomplish what I please and will prosper in what I send it to do.”

You will indeed go out with joy and be peacefully guided; the mountains and the hills will break into singing before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. Instead of the thornbush, a cypress will come up and instead of the brier, a myrtle will come up; this will stand as a monument forYHWH, an everlasting sign that will not be destroyed.

This is what YHWH says:

Preserve justice and do what is right, for My salvation (Yeshuah) is coming soon, and My righteousness will be revealed. Happy is the person who does this, the son of man who holds it fast, who keeps the Sabbath without desecrating it, and keeps his hand from doing any evil.

No foreigner who has joined himself to YHWH should say, “YHWH will exclude me from his people,” and the eunuch should not say, “Look, I am a dried-up tree.” For YHWH says this: “For the eunuchs who keep My Sabbaths, and choose what pleases Me, and hold firmly to My covenant, I will give them, in My house and within my walls, a memorial and a name better than sons and daughters. I will give each of them an everlasting name that will never be cut off. As for the foreigners who join themselves to YHWH to minister to Him, to love the Name of YHWH, and to become His servants—
all who keep the Sabbath without desecrating it and who hold firmly to My covenant— I will bring them to My holy mountain and let them rejoice in My house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and sacrifices will be acceptable on My altar, for My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations.” This is the declaration of YHWH God, who gathers the dispersed of Israel: “I will gather to them still others besides those already gathered.”

#yomturuah
#roshhashanah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for entering this discussion :)